Alibre, LLC is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. All data collected will be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Alibre, LLC may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. This policy is effective September 13, 2018.
All references to “GDPR” mean the EU General Data Protection Regulations. The term “personal data” has the meaning given in the GDPR.
- Visiting alibre.com
- Sending communications to or receiving communications from us, including emails, calls, or faxes
- Registering for a trial of our products or buying our products
- Using our products
Our website may contain links to other websites maintained by third parties. These third parties are governed by their individual privacy and data collection policies, and you are encouraged to review their privacy policies and practices.
What personal data do we collect?
The data we collect directly from you may include:
- If you express interest in receiving more information about our products or in obtaining a trial of our products, sign up for a trial of our products, sign up for a webinar, or download certain content, we generally require you to provide us with your contact information including your name, email address, phone number, physical address, country, company name, and what kinds of product you design.
- If you make purchases via our website or via other communications such as phone, email, or fax, we may require you to provide us with financial information and billing information including your billing name, billing address, billing email address, credit card details or bank information. Alibre, LLC uses 3rd party payment processors TSYS (https://www.tsys.com) and Authorize.net (https://www.authorize.net), and you are encouraged to review their policies as well.
- If you express interest in receiving product support or have sales or other inquiries related to your existing product that has a license key, we may ask you for your product license key.
- If you use and interact with our website, we may automatically collect information about your device, your web browser, pages or websites visited prior to visiting our website, your usage of the website, web beacons, cookies or similar technologies, IP addresses or other identifiers, which may qualify as personal data.
- If you use our software, we may collect general information about your use of the product(s) such as the operating system, device ID, computer name, time a license lease was activated, time a license lease was deactivated, and your license key. You may also voluntarily send error reports to Alibre from within the software.
- If you request to receive product support, we may require you to submit information that allows us to locate your account and to help you with your issue, such as your contact details, license key, 3D or 2D model file, screen shots or videos of the issue, and a description of the nature of your issue.
- We retain the personal data for as long as necessary to provide our products and services, comply with legal requirements, comply with our internal document retention policy, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
Purposes for collecting Personal Data and the legal basis on which we rely
We collect and process your personal data for these purposes and on these legal bases:
- Providing our websites: We base the processing of your personal data on our legitimate interest to operate and administer our websites and to provide you content you access and request. Processing this data is necessary for purposes of the legitimate interests of Alibre under Article 6(1)(f) of the GDPR and also based on your consent under Article 6(1)(a) of the GDPR.
- Managing user registrations: We will process your personal data by creating and managing your user account for the purposes of performing the contract with you according to any applicable terms of service under Article 6(1)(b) of the GDPR. Where there is no contract with you, we base the processing of your personal data on our legitimate interest to provide free evaluation versions of our software under Article 6(1)(f) of the GDPR. Processing this data is also based on your consent under Article 6(1)(a) of the GDPR.
- Managing payments: If you have provided financial information to us, we will process your personal data to collect payments to the extent it is necessary for completing a transaction with you under the contract entered with you under Article 6(1)(b) of the GDPR. Processing this data is also based on your consent under Article 6(1)(a) of the GDPR and is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests of Alibre to receive payment for its products and services under Article 6(1)(f) of the GDPR.
- Sending marketing communications: We will process your personal data to send you marketing information, product suggestions, special offers, and other non-transactional communications about us and our affiliates and partners as necessary for our legitimate interests to conduct direct marketing under Article 6(1)(f) of the GDPR. Processing this data is also based on your consent under Article 6(1)(a) of the GDPR.
- Contacting you for Sales purposes: We will process your personal data to contact you via email or telephone after you have expressed interest in our product for the purposes of providing you information about our products, pricing, special offers, and for the purpose of helping you to evaluate our products by asking us questions or receiving a demonstration of our software’s capabilities to the extent this is necessary for our legitimate interests to conduct direct marketing and sales activities under Article 6(1)(f) of the GDPR. Processing this data is also based on your consent under Article 6(1)(a) of the GDPR.
- Developing and improving our website: We will process your personal data to analyze trends and to track your usage of our website and interactions with emails to the extent this is necessary for our legitimate interests to develop and improve our website and to provide you with more relevant content under Article 6(1)(f) of the GDRP.
- We will also process your personal data for the following legitimate interests of Alibre under Article 6(1)(f) of the GDPR and based on your consent under Article 6(1)(a) of the GDPR:
- To be able to recommend the best product for your needs
- To enable internal record keeping and compliance
- To improve our website’s clarity, navigability, and ease of use
- To determine the effectiveness of advertising
- To determine which products might interest you
- To contact you about business-critical issues related to your software, including significant upcoming changes, planned outages, new versions, etc.
- To contact you for sales inquiries
- To periodically contact you for feedback about our company, our products, and the utility provided to you for your specific needs.
You may, at any time, withdraw your consent to the processing at any time. In the event your consent is withdrawn, the processing may continue only to the extent the processing is carried out for the remaining purposes and legal bases. You may also object to processing based on our legitimate interests as a basis.
Alibre will disclose your information where required by applicable law, if subject to a subpoena or other legal proceeding or we reasonably believe that such disclosure is necessary (1) to comply with the law or reasonable request of law enforcement; (2) enforce our terms of service; (3) protect the integrity or security of our products or services; or (4) exercise or protect the property, rights or safety of Alibre or others.
How we protect your personal data
Alibre aims to protect your privacy and data, but no company or entity can fully guarantee the security of your information or ensure your information will not be accessed, disclosed, destroyed or altered by a breach of physical, technical or administrative safeguards. We employ industry best practices through multiple safeguards such as physical access, encryption, and information access management to ensure the highest level of security for your personal data. If you have any questions about our security practices, you can contact us using the contact information below.
Data given to the Alibre Reseller Network
Alibre, LLC directly services customers in select regions. For other regions, Alibre, LLC has a global network of experienced partners (https://www.alibre.com.br/worldwide/) who sell, service, and support Alibre’s products.
If you indicate you live in one of the following geographic areas, some of your personal data including your name, email, country, type of products you design, and phone number will be shared with our partner in your area so they can contact you to sell and service our products:
Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Belarus, Belgium, Boznia and Herzegovina, Cambodia, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Laos, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Malaysia, Mexico, Montenegro, Myanmar, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, Vietnam. This list is updated from time to time – the most up-to-date list of countries can be found at https://www.alibre.com.br/worldwide/.
Personal data may be transferred outside the EU in accordance with an adequacy decision of the European Commission or in accordance with the safeguards in Articles 46 and 47 of the GDPR. Copies of such safeguards may be obtained by writing to us at the address below.
When you sign up for a trial on www.alibre.com, through a reseller website, or through the software, you may indicate your country of residence. If your country of residence is one of the listed countries above, we may share the following information with our partner in your area:
- Phone number
- What you are looking to design
- Number of times the software has started
- Contents of any communications we may have received from you so that the reseller can follow up with you directly.
Typically, all support is handled through your reseller if you live in one of the countries listed above. However, you can still enter a ticket on the Alibre website. If a support ticket is entered on the Alibre website from a user in one of the countries listed above, it is possible that the ticket information and necessary personal data will be shared with your reseller so they can service your question directly.
Data given to Alibre by the Reseller Network
Alibre’s Reseller Network is comprised of 3rd party companies who have reseller agreements with Alibre, LLC. These 3rd party companies have their own privacy and data collection policies. When you engage with an Alibre reseller, they will obtain information required to create an account with Alibre, LLC, including your personal and company information. This information is entered into the Alibre system and your account is created, enabling you to license and use the product. The information your reseller shares with Alibre, LLC is:
- Company name
- Product purchased
Your reseller, if you use one, does not share payment information with Alibre, LLC.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We use this information for statistical analysis purposes. We also use this data to see which products and pages you have viewed so that we can be as informative as possible about things that are important to you during the sales process.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website experience by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide while visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- When you sign up for a trial, you may decide whether to click the box that opts you in to receiving informational / promotional emails.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you have not opted out.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the GDPR. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to:
Attn: Data Officer
1750 N Collins Blvd
Richardson, TX, 75080
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect. You may also request that we erase your personal data by writing to us or emailing us. We will promptly erase your personal data to the extent required by applicable law. You also have the right to data portability, if applicable. You may have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.